[Journal] How To Apply Corrections To An Article

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:51:30 EDT 2009

I'm serving as an editor for one of the articles in the upcoming issue
of the journal. I'm curious what the best protocol would be for
handling corrections to an article. I'm not talking about major
changes to article content or style. I'm talking about minor spelling
and grammar corrections.

Should I make a list of the needed corrections and forward these to
the author? Should I make the changes myself in a copy of the article?

What is an editor's role on providing suggestions for improving an
article to the author when compared to a reviewer?

Thanks for the feedback.

Landon