[Journal] Next steps

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell.osgeo at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 23 13:24:02 EDT 2009

I agree with Micha - we know from past experience that we have more than enough material for 2-3 issues per year, plus the annual report.  The earlier editions still hit 50+ pages even with short timelines and not a lot of outreach to authors.

I am sensitive, however, to the needs/contraints of volunteers and don't want to scare you guys away but moving too hard or fast.  But if you are keen, I don't want to waste that interest either :-)

We can set a deadline for 4 issues, one per quarter, with the expectation that we'll do a minimum of 2 and more if content comes easily.  For example:

#1 - March - annual report
#2 - June
#3 - September
#4 - December

I suspect #3 would be hardest to get contributors for, due to summer holidays, etc.  But it's worth a try.

Maybe I could even get one of you to help oversee each issue as well - we could rotate the job unless I can leach lots of commitment out of Landon ;-)

Sound reasonable?

Tyler