[Journal] [Fwd: Re: Next steps]

Rafal Wawer Rafal.Wawer at sadl.kuleuven.be
Thu Sep 24 05:38:46 EDT 2009

+1 for all idea from Dimitris :)

Room for scientific content: algorithms, scientific case studies, validation, etc.
Room for applications: real life case studies, eGovernment (a huge market next door, growing in Europe)
Room for theoretical papers on the development
Room for the market analyses
Room for texts on education (4 eg. Van Orshoven, J.,  Wawer R. and Duytschaever K., 2009. Effectiveness of a train-the-trainer initiative dealing with free and open source software for geomatics.)
Room for news and events (announcements and post-reports)
Invited papers
Books' review

Annual Report further away - maybe in some kind of sub-issue. (?)
BTW is the name "OSGeo journal" descriptive enough? Does it say what the journal is about? Just speculating (-; Maybe something like "(Global) Journal on Open Source Geomatics"? Then the Annual Report along with the announcements could stay within OSGeo Journal, as it was
(-:

Best regards:
Raf

Dr. Rafal Wawer
K.U.Leuven
R&D Division SADL (Spatial Application Division)
Celestijnenlaan 200e bus 2224
BE-3001 Leuven-Heverlee
Belgium
tel. 0032 16 329731