[Journal] Need Volunteers (News and Events, Peer Review, Project Spotlight)

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 20:17:24 EST 2010

I'm still working on Volume 6 of the Journal and I need some
volunteers. A couple of our past section editor volunteers are no
longer able to assist with the Journal. I need volunteer section
editors for both of the following sections:

- News and Events
- Project Spotlights
- Peer Review

The volunteer for the news and events section editor will have one
events article to review. I will also work with them to put together a
short list of news items from the OSGeo Projects.

Micha Silver is already working as a section editor for the Project
Spotlights section, but that is our busiest section, and he needs some
help. There are a couple of articles in that section that still need
review.

I also need one more person that can peer review the only article in
our peer review section for Volume 6.

I can fill any of these roles myself, but I'm trying not to tarnish
the Journal with too many of my own fingerprints. Please help out if
you can. Don't feel like you have to commit for more than one issue.
Just help us with Volume 6, and we can ask you if you are willing to
participate beyond that if we get to a Volume 7!

Thanks for everyone's help and patience with my efforts at coordination.

Landon