[Journal] Volume 6: Checking In With Everyone Before LaTex Conversion

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:57:15 EST 2010

I wanted to check on the status of our articles for Volume 6 before I
have volunteers start LaTex conversion. Please help me answer the
following three (3) questions if you can:

- I can only find the SEXTANTE article in PDF format. It looks like
someone has already converted this article to PDF using LaTex. Can I
get the raw LaTex source code? I think we will need that to layout the
journal.

- It looks like the SAMT article is ready to convert to LaTex, but I'm
not sure. Did someone review this article before it was moved to the
editing section? I just want to double check.

- It looks like the GVSIG article is ready to convert to LaTex, but
I'm not sure. Did someone review this article before it was moved to
the editing section? I just want to double check.

I hope to send the following articles out for LaTex conversion today:

- Using User-Centered Design and Open Source Technology to Redevelop Web-GIS
- SEXTANTE: A Free Platform for Geospatial Analysis
- SAMT: Spatial Analysis and Editing Tool
- GVSIG Is A Viable Robust Alternative

We need to complete the review of the following articles (I'm working
with our reviewers on these items):
- Why Every Open Source Project Needs A Dictator
- Editorial
- CASCADOSS International Symposium and International Information
Workshop Event Report
- An International Symposium and an International Information Workshop on FOSS4G

We need to work on getting author completion of the following articles
(I'm working with our reviewers/authors on these items):
- GRASS Image Processing Environment
- GPGPU With GDAL

I'm going to update the article list on the wiki and will send out the
four (4) articles for LaTex confirmation as soon as I have proccessed
the responses to this e-mail. It looks like we are about 1/2 way
there!

Landon