[Journal] Working on Update: Preliminary Volume 6 PDF by March 1?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 17 15:00:23 EST 2010

Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> I want to thank everyone for their help and contributions so far.
> Please be patient with me as we try to wrap up Volume 6. I should be
> able to get everyone an update e-mail late today or in the morning.

You and everyone else is doing a great job.  We'll all find our feet
over next volume or two, I'm sure.

> I was thinking about including a short bio (one or two paragraphs) and
> a photo for each of the volunteers that worked with us on Volume 6 in
> the issue. I feel like a little recognition and expression of thanks
> would be appropriate.

I'm all for this and would love to help make it happen.

I'm also doing up an info sheet for those who want to learn to use the
SVN repository.  Otherwise, perhaps when all articles are finalised, one
of the senior editors can simply do all the dumping direct to SVN.  I
don't expect all the section editors to be able to handle this.