[Journal] Questions on LaTex paragraph command, format for citations, and SVN naming convention.

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 19 17:01:21 EST 2010

Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> I got a couple more questions that came up during my LaTex conversion
> work today:
>
> I want to confirm that I use the // command to indicate the start of a
> new paragraph. Is this correct?

Not usually.  Usually just an extra blank line breaks them I think.

> Do we have a format that we want to use for the article citation statement?

Good question.  I'm not sure about this, others may have an idea, but
here's how we've done it a while ago:

\citation{Bernstein:2000} - in the text of the article

at end..
\bibcite{Bernstein:2000}{Bernstein et\nobreakspace  {}al. (2000)}

> Do we have a naming convention for the LaTex documents we are uploading to SVN?

I'd prefer author surname + part of the title with .tex extension.  But
if they have a bunch of files with their article, then make a subfolder
with their surname and then do whatever.

Hope that helps,