[Journal] Volume 8

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Nov 15 02:12:44 EST 2010

I put a few links on the wiki pertaining to review guidelines.  They vary in relevance, but in the absence of anything else, I found them useful.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Journal#Guidelines_for_reviewers

I logged in here, https://www.osgeo.org/ojs/index.php/journal/login, but did not find options to document edits.  I sent them to Landon as an attachment.

Bests, Eli

>>> "Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)" <tmitchell at osgeo.org> 11/12/10 11:17 AM >>>
Franz-Josef, you and Eli both have a good question here.  Eli summed it up
well, though in additional things to look for:

> >        A task that I would be willing to do for the peer reviewed section
> >        and everything else, is read it for grammar, typos, translation
> >        artifacts, and general layout.

You can use the online system to document what edits should be done and the
author can resubmit with corrections.  Or likewise, we can catalog the changes
in a comment and then (the section editor) can edit the document itself if
there aren't too many changes.

For the FOSS4G proceedings we should primarily just check for obvious things
and not treat it like peer review since they were reviewed once already by an
academic committee.

Tyler