[Journal] Re: [OSGeo Journal] New Issue Published

Eli Adam EAdam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Feb 28 16:37:05 EST 2011

Tyler,
     Great job.  Nice to have it out.  The link in the individual
articles, http://www.osgeo.org/journal, points to a page that stops at
vol. 6.  Perhaps we should update that page or point directly to the OJS
site (although probably not worth redoing all those individual article
PDFs for this volume).

Bests, Eli

<89FB2829-DD78-4F84-80F3-787FC0329CD9 at osgeo.org>, Tyler Mitchell
<tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Just FYI - I had two problems reported by authors after publishing
this and
> sending a note to all registered readers.
>
> 1 - Only one author name was showing up in the table of contents in
OJS on
> the website.  This was because when the author uploaded the article
to OJS he
> only included one author contact information.  OJS automatically
displays all
> the author names based on the information entered on the article
metadata
> forms - there is an option to "add author" which should always be
used for
> articles with multiple authors.  I manually added the additional
authors
> using their info from the article files they uploaded.
>
> 2 - Bibliographies didn't compile in the foss4g09/gadea article.  I'm
not
> sure why others seemed to build find - I could use some help figuring
out the
> proper way to have a script compile this all completely.  I re-ran
"make" a
> few times and it seemed to work now.   I've updated the main compiled
PDF and
> [...]
> problem with other articles... I will check.
>
> Keep in mind that direct URLs to separate article PDFs files should
be
> discouraged since they can change.  Instead use the url from the
contents
> pages, since if you upload a new PDF it will be given a new
filename/number
> that links from the "PDF" label beside the article.  Hope that makes
some
> sense :)
>
> Tyler
>
> On 2011-02-25, at 5:14 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Readers:
>>
>> OSGeo Journal has just published its latest issue at
>> http://www.osgeo.org/ojs/index.php/journal. We invite you to review
the
>> Table of Contents here and then visit our web site to review
articles and
>> items of interest.
>>
>> Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,
>>
>> Tyler Mitchell
>> Editor in chief
>> tmitchell at osgeo.org
>>
>> OSGeo Journal
>> Volume 8 - FOSS4G 2009 Proceedings
>> Table of Contents
>> http://www.osgeo.org/ojs/index.php/journal/issue/view/31
>>

>> --------
>> Volume 8 Editorial (1)
>> 	Tyler Mitchell
>>

>> News
>> --------
>> News & Announcements (2)
>> 	Scott Mitchell
>>

>> Developer Announcements
>> --------
>> r.in.swisstopo - A new module for the GRASS GIS application for
importing
>> digital elevation model data of Switzerland in swisstopo format (3)
>> 	Juergen Hansmann
>>

>> Case Studies
>> --------
>> An Image Request Application Using FOSS4G Tools (2)
>> 	Peter Wilkins
>>

>> Integration
>> --------
>> Exporting geospatial data to web Tiled Map Services using GRASS GIS
(5)
>> 	Tomas Cebecauer,	Marcel Šúri
>>

>> FOSS4G 2009 Proceedings
>> --------
>> FOSS4G Academic Editorial (2)
>> 	Thierry Badard
>>
>> Geoprocessing in the Clouds (5)
>> 	Bastian Baranski
>>
>> Media Mapping:  Using Georeferenced Images and Audio to provide
supporting
>> information for the Analysis of Environmental Sensor Datasets. (8)
>> 	Phil Bartie,	Simon Kingham
>>
>> MapWindow 6.0: An Extensible Architecture for Cartographic Symbology
(6)
>> 	Harold A Dunsford
>>
>> A Data System for Visualizing 4-D Atmospheric CO2 Models and Data
(11)
>> 	Tyler A. Erickson,	Anna M. Michalak,	John C. Lin
>>
>> Collaborative Web-Based Mapping of Real-Time Flight Simulator and
Sensor
>> Data (6)
>> 	Cristian Gadea,	Rabih Dagher,	Bogdan Ionescu,	Dan
Ionescu,	Robin Tropper