[Journal] Getting Close On Volume 11

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 10:18:45 PDT 2012

After a hiatus of two or three weeks I had time to get back to my work
on Volume 11 this week. The following tasks have been completed:

- Major edits to the pycsw Project Spotlight article.
- Clean-up and PDF production for the news items.
- Produce and check PDFs for annual report items edited by Eli.

Scott did a great job putting together the news, and I found no
problems with the PDFs produced from Eli's edited Scribus files. Thank
you Scott and Eli!

I'd like to wrap Volume 11 up over the rest of the week and weekend,
with a draft for you guys to review on Monday. Here is what I need to
finish:

- Create editorial.
- Complete topical article on GIS data models.
- Complete topical article on the KML Toolkit.
- Complete the volunteer recognition page.
- Correct page numbers and modify covers.

I had hoped to include a basic tutorial on OpenLayers this time
around, but it will have to wait for the next volume. I don't want to
delay publication any longer.

Does someone have time to review the pycsw project spotlight? It has
had some major edits, and I'm sure there are still some typos in
there.

Thanks for the help and support.

Landon
- Produce and assemble the final PDF.