[North America] OSGeo Board Meeting and NA Chapter

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 12 14:58:53 EST 2011

----- Original message -----
> Great - then let's get it done.
>
> It's surely in everyone's interest -- so I have no doubt that everything
> can be resolved.

I'm with you.  At the end of the day it will depend on the volunteer commitment we have available and the value we can build from our relationships with others (conf service providers, co-host orgs, sponsors, etc.).

So, for my part, I'm keen to volunteer to help see something happen in late spring/early summer 2012.  Not to the scale of FOSS4G but I'm willing to put some of my time in to help coordinate an event.

My personal focus will be on building business relationships that can help build business relationship for my new employer (Actian aka Ingres) and help show off related open source offerings.  A sort of business 'thought leaders' series in open source geo would also be of interest.

Naturally others will have additional areas of interest, but this is what I know I can bring to the table now that my employment situation dust is settling.

I'm happy to work with Mark and others (especially GITA) to make something happen.  Hope we can continue the discussion further this week.  I've started drafting a rough budget and operating manual that I'll share if desired.

Hope that helps toss down the gauntlet a bit... ;)

Tyler