[North America] Initial thoughts on the first North AmericaRegional conference

Clarke, Trevor tclarke at ball.com
Fri Nov 18 12:55:22 EST 2011

I like the idea of a spring conference to offset FOSS4G (it works quite
well with ASPRS who run 2 per year). Perhaps a smaller conference the
first year; perhaps a couple of days with a day of workshops instead of
a full week.

As for the financials, perhaps a portion of the profits could go
directly to the Beijing conference committee and offer something to
encourage participation in both. (for example, attend North America and
receive a complimentary workshop of your choice in Beijing)