[Oceania-Board] resolving resolutions

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:24:26 PST 2020

Hi board

Does anyone want to make some closing statements about the following
loomio polls?

https://www.loomio.org/p/ghq5sHkI/please-note-that-we-need-to-use-threads-so-they-re-public
https://www.loomio.org/p/e9FVf1rS/change-the-membership-approval-requirement-from-unanimous-agreement-of-mwg-to-agreement-of-two-or-more-members-of-the-mwg-

It would be good to wrap them up. To add a little more to my no vote
on the second proposal - I did see that the proposal was 'two or more'
but I think that it allows the situation where two people can
effectively lock other MWG members out of the process if they happen
to move a little more slowly or have other pressures at that specific
time.

For this reason I felt it better to ask that the MWG lead become a
little more proactive about contacting the MWG, maybe setting a
monthly or bimonthly meeting cadence with more frequent meetings after
known membership influx events (eg a conference). I think this is
something for the MWG to discuss, and I know it is hard, my own record
with the O&CWG is not stellar for sure.

Thanks,

Adam

--