[Oceania-Board] resolving resolutions

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 22:59:44 PST 2020

Chiming in as a concerned member of the community. I see some unresolved
problems:

   - This motion was closed before some directors had a chance to
   participate, without following due process. Now what? It's left unclear
   whether this motion has actually passed.
   - Supposing the motion is considered to have been carried, it's now
   suggested that it's not binding, and is handed off to the incoming board
   for discussion and action, "*if actual changes are need to the ToR*".
   Surely, if the explicit purpose of the motion is to change the Membership
   Policy, and it passes, then the next action is to actually change the
   Membership Policy?

Very confusing. What is the outcome? Is the Membership Policy changed or
not?

(Incidentally - in February, the board agreed to use Loomio for decisions
outside of board meetings [1], to bring much needed clarity & transparency
to decision making. This seems well supported by the constitution (s 91)
and these decisions should be considered binding.)

[1] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TYAw_zmNEqajzxO1PQwPnpt539CXodby/view