[Oceania-Board] OO Financial Reports for 2019-2020

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:25:27 PST 2020

Hey Dionne

Good point.

Ok, so I've had a look, and the way we have handled travel grants is that
they're paid by the Good Mojo Program, which has its own income and
expenses, see image below (actually, i'll not share this on the public list
as it has people's names, you can view here in Xero:
https://reporting.xero.com/!MrhzX/v1/Published/10445335).

>From memory, we agreed to fund this individual late, and from the
conference money, and not. from the TGP money.

I'm finding it hard to track down emails that describe this, but that's
basically the reason. In simple terms:

   - All TGP travel is accounted for in the TGP project, and _not_ in the
   conference.
   - This one is an exception, because it was a specific request to fund
   from conference surplus.

Greg, is that your memory too?

Cheers,

On Thu, 26 Nov 2020 at 14:06, Dionne Hansen <dionne.hansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I was looking at the FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 Profit and Loss - and I
> noticed that on the 'Travel - national category' there is a TGP entry, but
> on the 'Travel - International' category there weren't any TGP entries. The
> Travel - International section I would assume should contain the same
> keynotes and TGP entries that make up the Travel - International category
> in the Financial Report from Macquarie Accounting, but they don't seem to
> match up.
> Is there a reason for the way these have been delineated?
>
> Thanks,
> Dionne
>
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 13:01, Alex Leith <alexgleith at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey Folks
>>
>> In the spirit of openness, I wanted to let this list know that I have
>> started a Loomio thread with three financial documents attached. These are
>> not public yet, but once approved, I'll make them public. They will be
>> appendices to the OSGeo Oceania Annual Report for 2020.
>>
>> Loomio thread:
>> https://www.loomio.org/d/bQe4acfy/financial-reporting-for-2019-2020-board-approvals
>>
>> And for Board members, please read the documents and ask me any questions
>> that you have.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Alex
>>
>> --