[Oceania-Board] Upcoming board meeting - 15/01/2021

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 16:53:40 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a decent break with friends and family.

My break was spent between family in Point Lonsdale and catching up with
friends in Melbourne. Currently at a quiet Sydney airport en-route to
California where I'll be based going forward.

*Upcoming board meeting*
We have our next board meeting on the 15th of January. Not everyone has
accepted the invite yet, so please do if you're available. The agenda is
here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16cdRvXIiHRePHnu1gsrS2CggBbR3Kq0AW974Pi7NPNU/edit#>
and anyone is welcome to add to it.

*Action items & 2021 conference*
There are a number of action items we all need to complete before the next
meeting. These were listed here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tyWu536RFHCZBy5B1T5wYtMkPA6D1BtTGNGuxF-JCKo/edit>
in our December meeting. I believe the most important action item is the
call for proposals for the 2021 conference. We need to act fast if this
conference is to go ahead.

Jonah, Greg, and Emma, can you let us know how you're going with this? Do
we need to schedule a separate meeting to discuss?

If we're able to secure some conference host proposals by mid Feb, we can
make a decision at the next board meeting. This will hopefully allow the
chosen conference committee enough time to prepare for a November, 2021
event.

Thanks,

Ed