[Oceania-Board] Grant submission by Geogeeks Perth

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 23:46:07 PDT 2023

Hi Eli

I'll raise this budget request with the Board for voting.

Regarding high-budget grants, I don't think the Board needs to be involved
in deciding who gets what grants. If a worthy applicant asks for two large
grants, and the Grant Committee thinks they're both worthwhile, then I
think we can be supportive.

Just for reference, we have a 22-23
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IVQ1ZnNDl25xlMECCNExC_nK4tBWOlVacgAyDTgdlbA/edit>
budget that is approved,  and this should probably be considered the
ceiling for grants. From when I last updated our budget and actuals, we
spent around $3,000 out of a budget of $8,000.

This coming FY budget is $8,000 again, so the committee can continue
approving grants up to this limit. This should be a guide for the Grant
Committee.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 at 08:17, eli <elipuccioni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Board,
>
> The Grant Committee is pleased to have received the first high budget
> grant application from GeoGeeks. They are applying for $3,000 AUD and
> intend this
> sponsorship to enable their planned events for a year (July 2023 - June
> 2024). The information presented in the application draws on their
> experience of running successful OSGeo Oceania funded events in 2022 and
> 2023.
> The full application is attached to this email and saved on the OO Grant
> google drive.
> We would also ask the board to discuss the recurrence of high budget
> grants: can people apply for them more than one time or not? Microgrants
> don't have any limit and small budget grants are one per year, but what
> about high budget grants?
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> Cheers,
> Elisa
>
> --
> Potrebbe andar peggio...potrebbe piovere!

Alex Leith
m: 0419189050