[Oceania-Board] Funding request for FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2023 TGP

Ewen Hill ewen.hill at gmail.com
Sun May 7 04:45:31 PDT 2023

Hi Eli,
   I hope you are well and as usual, nothing to comment on as it is all
fabulous. It would be great however to discuss a better way of distribution
of funds at the conference.

Proposal:
1. All successful applicants are asked to provide their Bank account
details when they are confirmed as successful so these can be pre loaded
and tested ( We had a few account issues in Fiji about TGP recipients not
knowing their account)
2. We consider providing a stipend or we have a more robust way of
receiving receipts (there must be a basic receipt app
with multiple currencies we could use for not a lot)
3. We consider providing on day one of their arrival at the venue a set
amount so that have funds available during the event. Jonah emptied a few
ATMs in Suva to cover costs.

That would make the entire process a lot easier than seeking out the TGP
rep * many each day and for funds to be urgently transferred and make the
TGP recipient a happier person who is spending time at the conference
learning rather than following up.

Regards

Ewen

On Thu, 4 May 2023 at 09:00, eli <elipuccioni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Board,
>
> On behalf of the Travel Grant Program (TGP), I would like to submit to
> your attention our request for funding for the Travel Grant Program of the
> upcoming FOSS4G SotM Oceania Conference in Auckland this October.
>
> The TGP is becoming a beloved tradition for our conferences and has helped
> many people, including myself, attending the conference in the past
> years.Last year only we were able to send funding to 18 people and we aim
> to repeat this successful outcome this year.
>
> We are happy to answer all your questions and receive your feedback.
>
> I'm very excited to be part of this program and I hope to see as many of
> you as possible in Auckland!
>
> Cheers,
> Elisa
>

> --
> Potrebbe andar peggio...potrebbe piovere!

Warm Regards

Ewen Hill