[Oceania-Board] OSMF Advisory Board

Greg Lauer gregory.lauer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 14:31:06 PDT 2024

I would think that if we are looking for someone to represent Oceania on
the OSMF Advisory Board then we should nominate someone from the region who
is passionate about OSM, can speak confidently on behalf of the regional
communities, and has 'skin in the game' (an active participant in the OSM
community)

>From what I can see (and more than happy to be wrong) Raf has had no
interaction with the OSM-affiliated groups (forums, lists, discord, etc),
or is an active OSM user. I don't feel that a position can only be filled
by a board member.

I don't think there is any hurry in nominating a representative, thus feel
that OSGeo Oceania could cast the net wider and ask for nominations from
across the Oceania community. This would be an excellent opportunity for
some of the newly formed OSM groups in the Pacific to put their hand up and
have some say in the global OSM effort.

Greg