[Aust-NZ] Sydney Olympic Park Venues

Marie-Claire Henry MHenry at scvb.com.au
Thu Nov 8 17:08:38 PST 2007

Dear Committee

In addition to the proposal from The Convention Centre which you already
would have received, please find proposals from Sydney Olympic Park
Venues; Telstra Stadium and Acer Arena.

We are currently checking on date availability during the University
holidays and conference rooms available at UNSW and Sydney University.

I would recommend to the committee that during the bidding stage, we
need to present the venue that showcases Sydney in its best light
internationally.
Venues may also be selected based on ease of travel from accommodation
to the conference venue and costs involved.  Internet connection and
I.T. will be another major consideration for us.

I also need to advise that whilst universities on face view will provide
cheaper costs, you also need to add to that transport for delegates
accessing the venue from their accommodation, and any extras, such as
lighting, AV, catering etc which may need to be added on to some of the
venues.  A transport pass if approx $25 per delegate would need to be
added to the budget should a university be selected as the main
conference venue.  The Convention Centre is custom built for
conferences, while some adaptations may need to be made to the
universities.

The SCVB represent all of these venues, so my points above are ones you
may wish to consider when selecting the venue that represents Sydney in
the bid document submitted in January.  You may still also change your
decision once the conference has been won for Sydney.

Best Wishes

Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire Henry
Bid Executive

Sydney Convention and Visitors Bureau
Level 13  80 William St Sydney NSW 2011 Australia
Tel: 61 2 9332 5224 Fax: 61 2 9360 1223
mhenry at scvb.com.au

Sydney has been voted as the number one city in the world in the US
Conde' Nast Traveller Readers' Choice Awards. Visit www.scvb.com.au
<http://www.scvb.com.au/scvb/index.cfm?A7A6CB94-BCDE-7715-B79D-5B57C1263
A51>  for more information.

<http://www.scvb.com.au/> SCVB <http://www.scvb.com.au/>
<http://www.scvb.com.au/>

<http://www.scvb.com.au/>

The SCVB (ABN 42 002 630 364) understands that privacy is an important
issue for individuals. Click here
<http://www.scvb.com.au/footer/privacy/privacy_home.cfm>  for our full
privacy policy.