[OSGeo Oceania] Suggest OSGeo Oceania board discussions come back on list

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 02:31:21 PDT 2019

I agree with this approach.

My feeling is that board discussions should default to using this mailing
list except where they're sensitive, ie. about specific people and/or
incidents, or relate to other confidential matters eg. financial
arrangements with partners. It's valuable to the community to see how we
operate, not only for accountability, but also because it allows people to
watch over time, and potentially become contributors.

Meeting notes/minutes are already published here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania

Re:opening board meetings to the public, I'm generally in favour. There
will be times when confidential discussions need to happen, but these are
the exception rather than the rule. If the board is OK with this, maybe we
can do this for next meeting and see how we go?

Cheers
John