[OSGeo Oceania] OSGeo Oceania board elections: currently open

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at mapforge.com.au
Sun Dec 15 20:49:20 PST 2019

All,

Just a reminder to current members that the board elections are open,
but close this Friday evening (11.45pm Perth, 5.45am Saturday in NZ).
 You should have received an email from elections at osgeo-oceania.org,
generated from our voting system, Election Buddy.  Please remember to
vote by this Friday!  If you have any problems, please send an email to
elections at osgeo-oceania.org asap.  As the returning officer for the
elections, I will do what I can to sort out any issues.

So far the Election Buddy voting system is reporting that 42% of
members have voted already which is great, but it would be good to see
this a lot higher by the time voting closes.

There are 14 really good candidates for 9 board positions- not an easy
choice, but that's much better than the alternative.

For those who have not yet become official members of the OSGeo Oceania
chapter but would like to, I believe the intention is for another
intake towards the end of Q1 next year.

Cheers,
Tim Bowden