[OSGeo Oceania] New Zealand QGIS and Overseas Jurisdictions

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 20:35:39 PDT 2019

Thanks Tony, good point. I would assume that the liability for a NZ-based
director of an Australian company would be the same as an Australia-based
director. We would be signing contracts and undertaking activities as OSGeo
Oceania, so anyone seeking remedy would pursue the organisation rather than
the individual (that's how I read it).

Of course, personal liability would still apply in cases of fraud,
negligence, criminal activity, trading while insolvent, etc... directors
would have to act responsibly to get the liability protection that a
company structure offers. In any case, it's a good question and I'd say we
should ask it of the professionals we engage to help us set up.

Cheers
John