[OSGeo Oceania] membership - elections - AGM

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 21:40:07 PDT 2019

In the interest of moving this forward, perhaps we can focus on the
membership question for now.

So far we have a couple of suggestions on the table:

   1. a model somewhat based on OSGeo's charter membership, using
   participation and positive attributes as criteria for nomination
   2. free membership that requires an action each year to remain a member,
   even if it's clicking a link in an email or something trivial

Option 1 has featured more heavily in this discussion, am I right to read
that as having general support? Any arguments against? Any other proposals
we should consider?

If we have general support for option 1, let's start fleshing it out. I've
started a Google doc [1] for collaborative editing, we can move this to the
wiki when it's done. It's open for commenting, if you want to help edit,
please ask for access.

Board & community input please.

Cheers
John