[OSGeo Oceania] Fwd: OSGeo Oceania Board Terms of Reference Update for Review

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 01:26:30 PDT 2020

Hi John

Responding as an individual board member, mainly because these requests
should never sit idle for more than a few days:

Thanks for sparking a fresh ToR discussion among the board. My feeling
about the changes between v1 and proposed v2 are driven by a move from 'we
are setting up...'  to 'we are operating...'.

I think the most important addition is a reference to a specific code of
conduct we apply to operations of both the board and things we support (the
Berlin Code of Conduct [1]). Another key change is a lot less proscription
about the mechanics of how conference LOCs work ( we no longer say how an
LOC should organise, just that we will support...)

Personally, I could and should have definitely paid more attention to TOR
alterations this past 6 months. It's nearly coming time for an election,
which will put a burner under us to get over a fire-and-covid-induced
languor and make sure a few things get packaged up.

Regards

Adam

[1] https://berlincodeofconduct.org/