[OSGeo Oceania] [Oceania-Board] OSGeo Oceania Annual General Meeting Announcement

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:36:45 PST 2020

I strongly agree with Adam.

A Zoom webinar is good for one-way communication to an audience, where a
small group of presenters talk, and attendees have limited ability to
participate, they can't see each other, or even who else is there. Given
we're probably talking about having only a few dozen people together, and
many of us might have questions or comments, it seems much better to have a
regular videoconferencing meeting where members can address (or at least
see) each other,

Regarding the meeting itself, why is so much time allocated (25 min) to the
"Election of Directors", relative to other items? From my read of the
election process [1], this is a simple vote of members to ratify the
results of the actual election balloting, which happens in the previous
week. I'm not sure what the method will be used to handle member voting at
the AGM, but taking a show of hands shouldn't take more than a couple of
minutes? It would also be much better for transparency if members can
actually see who is there.

John

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ehLJ4nGNpUiJyQGVdvRDks6ppjKc5dro-kAHupsudrc