[OSGeo Oceania] Fwd: [Charter-members] OSGeo 2020 Board of Directors elections: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 08:27:08 PST 2020

See below

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jorge Gustavo Rocha <jgr at osgeopt.pt>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020, 17:17
Subject: [Charter-members] OSGeo 2020 Board of Directors elections: CALL
FOR NOMINATIONS
To: OSGeo Charter members <charter-members at lists.osgeo.org>
Cc: OSGeo Chief Returning Officer <cro at osgeo.org>

Dear OSGeo members,

For the 4 vacant seats, we only have 3 candidates right now. We need
your help to identify more candidates to join the board [1].

The nomination period for new Members of the Board of Directors is about
to end. We can extend the period and we probably need to do so.

If you already have someone that you would like to nominate, please drop
me a message, so we can accommodate the time needed to get the candidate
confirmation.

As CRO, myself and Anne, we can not nominate anyone. As OSGeo member, I
 see so many dedicated and passionate people working on projects, on
education initiates, etc, spreading the OSGeo principles all around the
world.

Your nomination, as you know, is already a way to acknowledge the
dedication of someone else.

The nomination period will be open until Monday, 2020-11-23, for sure.
Then we decide to close it or keep it open based on your feedback.

All the information about the elections is available in the wiki [2].
You can see the progress of the nominations on [3] (soon as we receive
nominations).

Looking forward for your nominations!

Best regards,
Jorge Gustavo Rocha and Anne Ghisla