[OSGeo Oceania] Ex-chair's perspective (OSGeo Oceania 2019-2020)

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 11:59:07 PST 2020

Hi John, all

Thanks for being open about your experiences as the chair, and
director of OSGeo Oceania. I hope we as a board have the courage to
add this to the annual report unedited - acceptance of dissent and
criticism is a vital indicator of our organisational health.

I also hope the next board brings a lot more discussion this list.

And I want to reinforce your call for community members to engage with
the organisation, whether formally members of OSGeo Oceania or OSGeo
or OSMF or not. It should not matter. I also encourage everyone to
subscribe to the oceania-board list here:
else to listen in. Or at least know it exists and where you can see
discussion take place.

On the last point about incoming board members: I will always be happy
to answer questions for incoming directors - so long as they come on
open channels ;)

Cheers,

Adam

--
Move purposeful, and fix things
--Alyssa Wright, FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2018 keynote speaker