[OSGeo Oceania] resignation, board minutes

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 04:34:31 PST 2020

Hey Oceania

I resigned from the OSGeo Oceania board yesterday. While elections are
soon, I found it impossible to continue as a positive contributor to
the organisation. My views about why are found in the upcoming annual
report and also the Oceania board mailing list archive [1]. Please
feel free to keep asking me about anything about anything I was
involved in, also feel free to throw it all away and do better. I
don't own anything in the organisation; and this community owes me
nothing.

I look forward to seeing the organisation rediscover its Pleaides /
Kuurrokeheaar / Matariki, with a fresh set of board representatives
about to be elected bringing new energy and ideas.

To finish on a hugely positive note, Alex got all the board meeting
minutes up to date on the OSGeo Oceania wiki yesterday:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania#Meeting_minutes

...and it was wonderful to see the community build itself a gathering
in 2020 out of a crazy trainwreck of a year.

All the best from the very far north,

Adam

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/oceania-board/2020-November/000114.html