[OSGeo Oceania] T-minus 98 days until FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2021

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 18:48:47 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to today's conference planning meeting. We have 98 days to
go before the conference on Friday, November 12th so every meeting is
crucial. You can find today's agenda here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C8qqXgk6RAvselVwKBf-FBNFQg9khmfr4ckYD9f2QZs/edit>
and
don't forget the master doc here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xcrwLjSF4mlLUv8Rfmt_qBPoZPp2KyKTqXXErN41ydQ/edit#>
.

If you're anything like me, it's sometimes a struggle to balance volunteer
involvement with work, family, travel, hobbies and all the other things in
life. I have my ups and downs when it comes to volunteering, particularly
in 2020 and 2021. Conferences and face to face interaction is one of the
best parts of open source communities and when that stops, it is easy for
everything else to slow down.

I was recently going through the 2020 photos and it was a really special
reminder of why we do this. You can browse through them here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PgQU-NtMIEo0_S7s64D1_Zn0D9o7sKiX/view?usp=sharing>.
How impressive that so many hubs were able to organise across the region. I
attended the 2020 hub in Melbourne and I still remember the joy of meeting
new and familiar faces, especially after months of lockdown and learning a
lot from the presenters and conversations.

If you feel the same as I do, let's work towards November 12th and recreate
that feeling. It will put us in a really great place as we prepare for a
2022 regional conference that all can attend.

Take care and hope to see some of you online soon.

Ed

P.S. tried to send this to the mailing lists, but the attached images were
too large. Sending with a link instead.