[OSGeo Oceania] Oceania Geospatial Symposium - talk and invitation to contribute

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 03:31:04 PST 2022

Hi Adam, in WA we have an informal meetup group, we call ourselves
"geogeeks" (https://geogeeks.org/). In addition to meetups about QGIS, OSM,
etc, we have a Slack workspace where we plan meetups and talk open
geospatial. For recreational purposes only :)

Mostly the same group of people have been involved in organising FOSS4G
Perth.

It's pretty great to have a little local community of people interested in
this stuff, and I encourage anyone who wants it to happen in their home
city/town/village to get a microgrant, buy some food, and invite fellow
enthusiasts to get together and talk open geospatial!