[OSGeo Oceania] OSGeo Board Nominations are Open

OSGeo Oceania admin at osgeo-oceania.org
Mon Nov 14 14:13:26 PST 2022

The OSGeo Oceania board elections are coming up, and we need community
members to step up to serve on the board of directors.

To maintain a healthy and dynamic community-driven organisation, it's
critical to continually bring in new energy and ideas. You don't need
previous board experience to bring value. If you're interested in open
geospatial, and you want to contribute to a thriving community in Oceania,
consider this an opportunity to make a big difference.

Elections are open to all OSGeo Oceania Members.
https://osgeo-oceania.org/members/

Details of the election process and timing are on the OSGeo Oceania wiki:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania_Elections#2022_Election.

You can find information about past elections on the OSGeo Oceania wiki
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania_Elections

There is more information about our electoral process here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/196Tb8iS4FeahE-A2Uh8UM1-tcWWFKMYOxHfQfFuCUoQ/edit

Upcoming dates:
Open director nominations:  6 November 2022
Close director nominations: 20 November 2022
Voting Opens: 27 November 2022
Voting Closes: 4 December 2022

All election related closing times are at 23:59:59 Western Australia
Standard Time

Please be aware that being a Director on our Board is a formal role, and
has a number of responsibilities attached. Also, since we have no
employees, Directors are active in an operational sense, and not just in a
strategy. Have a read of this AICD document on Board Director
responsibilities
https://www.aicd.com.au/content/dam/aicd/pdf/tools-resources/director-tools/individual/director-tool-general-duties-of-directors.pdf

Please read our Terms of Reference and please get in touch with a current
Board member if you have any questions.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13aZ6L08ke1-l32I7c00MahyEKgxeZkq8/edit

How to Nominate
Any OSGeo Oceania member can nominate themself or someone else to sit on
the Board. To nominate someone you will need to send an email with the
candidate's name, their usual place of residence (town/city/country), and a
brief statement on why the person would make a good director. Nominations
can be sent between 6 November and 20 November to
elections at osgeo-oceania.org.