[OSGeo Oceania] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Board Member elections

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 01:31:22 PST 2022

Hi folks

First - welcome to a newly elected Oceanian OSGeo charter member - Emma Hain [1]

Next, it is election season everywhere in OSGeo - if you are, or know,
an OSGeo charter member[2] who is interested in nominating for the
OSGeo board, details are below.

( we really also need to aim for some more location-diverse Oceania
representation in that list!)

Feel free to ask me anything about being on the OSGeo board. tl:dr
people are kind, and workload is bursty without too much overwhelm.
Personal e-mail is fine :). Key thing to remember is that OSGeo is
...you! not just the board, not just charter members ;) - we kind of
see ourselves at the bottom of the stack, trying to support upward
toward everyone who wants to work in open geospatial stuff. Sometimes
we are OK at it :D

Cheers

Adam

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/hain/