[OSGeo Oceania] OSGeo Oceania board meeting - 8 Dec 2023

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 19:34:58 PST 2023

Hi all,

Following the 2024 election and appointment of new directors. The 2024
board met for the first time yesterday. The agenda was relatively light,
but included onboarding of directors and, notably, the "election of
officers" where people are appointed to specific positions.

The results are:

   - Chair: Elisa Puccioni
   - Deputy Chair: John Bryant
   - Secretary: Renee Manser
   - Treasurer: Jonah Sullivan

 There were also a couple of informational sections regarding upcoming
proposals to run two events:

   - FOSS4G SotM Oceania in Hobart in 2024
   - the global FOSS4G event in Auckland in 2025

There was a little bit of discussion around these but as the first
"onboarding" board meeting they were presented for information only. It
looks like they will be significant items on the OSGeo Oceania agenda in
the coming months.

Minutes will be posted soon on the OSGeo Oceania wiki page here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania

We'll keep you posted.

On a personal note, I'd like to express gratitude to the outgoing directors
for their service, and to those who have worked hard in the last year in
the positions of chair, deputy chair, secretary and treasurer.

I also want to thank the community for electing me to serve on the OSGeo
Oceania board again. I look forward to keeping the channels of
communication open. ANy thoughts, questions, comments, etc are always more
than welcome!

Onwards!

John