[OSGeo Oceania] FOSS4G Perth 2024

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 14:20:01 PST 2023

Hi John

This is a great collaboration, well done for getting the Oceania open
geospatial community involved!

Can I ask why this relationship isn't going through OSGeo Oceania though? I
get that there's a local Perth group, but cutting out the broader OSGeo
local chapter doesn't quite sit right with me. But maybe it's semantics and
this _is_ supported by OSGeo Oceania and not just FOSS4G Perth?

Cheers,

On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 at 08:40, John Bryant via Oceania <
oceania at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi all, just a quick note to let you know that FOSS4G Perth will be
> running a local one day event on 23 October 2024, in partnership with the
> ISPRS Symposium.
>
> https://www.isprs.org/tc4-symposium2024/index.html
>
> It'll be an exciting opportunity for the Perth community to meet up, as
> well as mix with the international ISPRS audience.
>
> It's a bit close to the proposed FOSS4G SotM Oceania in Hobart in November
> but we can't control the date of the ISPRS event. Hopefully enough
> breathing room for those who want to do both.
>
> More to come!
>
> Cheers
> John

*Alex Leith*