[OSGeo Oceania] OpenStreetMap Special Interest Group Charter

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 00:25:02 PDT 2023

Hi Graeme

As far as I know there hasn’t been much activity from the SIG.

OSGeo Oceania is happy to support you however we can, though.

One minor activity I worked on was getting us listed as an organisation in
the HOT Tasking Manager, which we’ve done. Phil Wyatt is supporting us with
this.

Cheers,

On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 at 11:37 pm, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> Wondering what the current situation is in regard to the OSM SIG?
>
> Thanks
>
> Graeme
>

> On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 16:30, Edoardo Neerhut <eneerhut at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I wanted to put out a reminder that there is a meeting tomorrow at 12:00
>> pm UTC +11 to discuss a charter for an OpenStreetMap Special Interest Group
>> (OSM SIG). You should be able to see the meeting details on our open
>> calendar here
>> <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dgea06cf2tu9ukl2f7nmfqjp98%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia%2FMelbourne>.
>> We have previously been referring to this as a working group, but note that
>> it is the same thing.
>>
>> The OSM SIG aims to support OSM efforts throughout Oceania and make use
>> of OSGeo Oceania <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania>'s funding and
>> structure when it makes sense to do so. We've made a first attempt
>> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RzMq3p4VAENBkvl1pWIXom4oP6A_j_5EqI7DB_4n0xA/edit#heading=h.iv5hj5e480h2>
>> at a charter which will clarify some of these goals. There have been some
>> really good suggestions so far which I hope to discuss more tomorrow, but
>> feel free to jump into the document and make comments or suggestions.
>>
>> The agenda for tomorrow
>> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/12GJHVCYbV7ZD-nvDtBA0RB8Xkqvfhbz6Hc_h3NTaRr4/edit#> is
>> pretty simple and just involves a review of the charter. You're welcome to
>> add any OSM issues you would like to discuss as they relate to the OSM SIG.
>> It's also worth checking out the QGIS charter
>> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lrewntrC0N1r6mfZdo1AdPhe2qTEaN5hDA2pcL0mrvI/edit#heading=h.f3owylft5r4z>
>> which is a bit further along. It may provide inspiration.
>>
>> Hope to see some of you there,
>>
>> Ed

Alex Leith
m: 0419189050