[OSGeo Oceania] Publishing data as vector tiles/something else

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Tue May 9 15:50:44 PDT 2023

Hiya

I have about a gigabyte (maybe 2) of vector data for high resolution
terrain classifications and features (snow safety related) that I want to
publish in a way that leaflet/openlayers/cesium based apps can ingest it.

I also want it to be static - bare http access without a server in the way.

...and I don't want to restrict access with a paywall, I want people to
play with it and figure out if it is useful (donations are always welcome!)

Currently it's all in .gpkg

What's the current state of the art in static, over-http vector delivery
for web apps (or to qgis) that isn't over-fluffy ? (Geojson for example
blows the size out by a lot). Links to how-to's welcome...

Thanks,

Adam

--
Dr Adam Steer