[OSGeo Oceania] [talk-au] Publishing data as vector tiles/something else

Ben Ritter benjaminaritter at gmail.com
Mon May 22 19:34:42 PDT 2023

I recently came across Tippecanoe, which is a tool that outputs "Mapbox
Vector Tile Specification" tiles from other formats, with a focus on large
datasets and sensible level-of-detail handling. I haven't used it myself,
but it looks like it might be useful here. Maybe converting your data to
.mbtiles, then generating a "TMS folder" from that (which I imagine is
possible).

https://github.com/felt/tippecanoe
https://github.com/mapbox/awesome-vector-tiles

I hope those leads help you out. I'd be interested to hear what solution
you settle on!

Cheers,
Ben