[OpenCitySmart] List migrated

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sun Nov 15 08:50:21 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm fine with being added on as a moderator.

In addition to teams going after the Europa challenge, I think we have to
keep going after collaborative grants. Is anyone else thinking about going
after something to move us collectively forward?

The one I submitted with others in this group is currently under review. It
may be another 2-3 months before we hear back.

Cheers
Charlie

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) <
patrick.hogan at nasa.gov> wrote:

> Jorge,
>
> Nice work! Thanks for the extra effort!
>
> I don't if Charlie would mind, but it would be great if he might also be a
> moderator for this group, if he doesn't mind.
>
> So now we can get about the extraordinarily beautiful business of getting
> cities to work for each other while working for themselves. What better way
> to bring the world closer together, while also equally benefitting 'less
> endowed' cities with the fruits of everyone's labor.
>
> OpenCitySmart could be the seed crystal that facilitates the kind of
> national and international collaboration that not only saves everyone
> stupid amounts of money but gets them to better appreciate just how much
> they share in their common needs. OpenCitySmart could do more for this
> world than anything else to increase our sense of oneness and allow cities
> to see that working together is the most productive thing they can do.
>
> Jorge, thanks again for your help in getting this all straightened out!
> And thanks to Charlie for raising the issue.
>
> Now, how can we make OpenCitySmart be more than a great idea?
> Here is one thought, http://eurochallenge.como.polimi.it/
>
> -Patrick

Charlie Schweik

Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Dept of Environmental Conservation and Center for Public Policy and
Administration

Personal website: http://people.umass.edu/cschweik
Publications: http://works.bepress.com/charles_schweik/

Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software (MIT Press, 2012)
- see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545