[OpenCitySmart] List migrated

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Nov 16 07:35:57 PST 2015

Hi Toni,

Great to hear that you are thinking 2020 possibly.
What is the call asking for?
Perhaps you can send a short paragraph and we can help you find a focus?

It took me some time back in Feb-March reviewing our community's strengths
and then eventually focusing on 'urban vulnerability - climate change and
population growth' as the focus for the NSF proposal. But that proposal was
very general and not addressing a specific research question. As you know,
we have capabilities in our group in

Environmental monitoring and data collection: Geocrowdsourcing, Volunteer
Geographic Information
GeoSensor web networks;

Geospatial-temporal analytics, modeling, visualization and decision-support

Access/interaction with software developers like NASA WorldWind and OSGeo
projects

Not to mention the educational network capacity.

So my recommendation, based on my experience, is try and identify a
research or education question related to OpenCitySmart that you want to
take the lead on in your area of expertise to focus on and then try and
build the sub-team in our network to help you develop the proposal.

My two cents for what it is worth.

Cheers
Charlie

Cheers