[OpenDroneMap-dev] Ideas for speeding up the Point Matching

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Sun Mar 15 20:15:25 PDT 2015

Hi Alex,

One thought I had was to use geolocations in the exif, pipe those values
through something really dumb like geohash, then sort by geohash, thus
clustering similar values, and (I think) you can limit the number of images
that match tries to match to some reasonable number like you propose, so
that it would still chunk through the dataset as a single model, but limit
the matching to some moving window based on image order as determined by
the hash.

Going to reread your write up in the morning when I am smarter... :) . It's
undoubtedly better than a geohash hack... .

Best,
Steve