[OpenDroneMap-dev] OpenDroneMap-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 3

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 16 19:16:08 PDT 2015

Before you write too much code I found this last week.
http://www.theeminentcodfish.com/gopro-calibration/

That author has the checkerboard code already, we just need to contact
about license. Well and a minor rewrite to skip the video part since we
want to work with still images.

Once you have the correction factors then you can run it through the
scripts I already have. On that note, I made some big updates to my
https://github.com/wildintellect/lenscorrection code last week. It now
saves Exif data which is needed by the other tools. Note the conversion
from and OpenCV image to PIL type image in order to also save exif
(which also requires swapping channels).

With both of these we need to make sure we output an estimate of the
post corrected sensor size. For the GoPro HD2 with my correction code
you lose about 25% of the width and end up with a 5mm sensor. I'm
running a test with photos from this correction and still waiting for
results (1000 pics takes a while).

Thanks,
Alex