[OpenDroneMap-users] GCPs and Georeferencing

Dennis Baldwin db at unmannedairlines.com
Tue Mar 10 14:08:31 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've been working on a list of GCPs that I can patch out to the Caliterra
sample data set. Before I submit the patch I wanted to do some testing so I
just ran them through ODM. Everything finished cleanly and I see the
following file in the odm_texturing folder:

odm_textured_model_geo.obj

I can open it in Meshlab and it's nicely stitched together. My question is
how can I verify that it's properly georeferenced? I looked in the
"Reference scene" menu but it's empty. I also noticed there is an
odm_orthphoto.png file in the results folder, but running gdalinfo doesn't
yield any coordinate reference system. I'm wondering if my GCPs are messed
up or if I'm overlooking something with the results.

My goal is to generate a geotiff and then run it through gdal2tiles so I
can create a nice web map like I can with Pix4D, but exponentially cheaper
:)

Hooray ODM!

Thanks,
Dennis