[OpenDroneMap-users] A few performance questions

Pedro Leão pedroleaoc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 07:51:46 PDT 2016

Hi, I have a few questions regarding to performance for all ODM users:

1) Where do you run ODM? I'm running using a 16 core, 32gb ec2 instance.
Not sure if it's the best option, but I work with huge sets of images
(>2000) and it seems more appropriate.

2) How does memory and processor relates to final processing time? Double
RAM and CPU and you get half the time? (I know it's not that simple :-P )

Bonus for developers: I'm working in a ODM fork that terminates your ec2
instance if the processing is over - that means you don't pay any extra if
you are not looking at the terminal.
+ it transfer the result folder for a micro server that is accessible 24/7.
If anyone is interested in helping me on that, please let me know ;-)

Thank you,