[OpenGeoscience] EGU 2017: Townhall + Reception

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jan 17 05:40:51 PST 2017

Hi Peter, all,

I really like the idea for a 'reception' before the townhall (this is
very similar to what I mentioned earlier of a possible 'refreshment
break' sponsor).  I am in full support of having this reception, right
before the townhall session.  As an attendee of many events, I much
prefer the reception style (no sit-down tables, just standing tables,
which promotes mingling and networking and generally sharing with
others).  Maybe please request that specific style of tables, with no
chairs.

At the reception I would hope we limit any talks, to an absolute minimum
(maybe 10 minutes on wonderful OSGeo, but making sure all attendees have
a beer in hand by then).  We also should be sure to have OSGeo banners,
posters, and other swag very visible in the reception room, so attendees
know "why the beer is flowing".

I think the reception will complement the townhall very well.

-jeff