[OpenGeoscience] Peer Community In (PCI) GeoInformatics

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Wed May 31 01:24:06 PDT 2017

On 31/05/17 09:40, Luí­s Moreira de Sousa wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was forwarded a few days ago a link to this initiative towards an open
> peer-review process:
> https://peercommunityin.org
>
> What are your thoughts about it? Whom would be willing to join a
> start-up PCI on GeoInformatics?

I am not so convinced that an open review model as the decisive factor
for a new geoinformatics journal will make it a success, also given that
this review model is not new, setting up a successful journal is a huge
challenge, and there are too many unsuccessful journals already.

If there is a need for a new geoinformatics journal with an open review
model, I would first talk to
http://publications.copernicus.org/open-access_journals/journals_by_subject.html
-- they have gained a strong reputation over the past decade
particularly with open review/open access journals in the geosciences.