[OpenGeoscience] Budget 2019 / AGU Townhall

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Wed Dec 19 01:51:52 PST 2018

Dear all,

here is a bit of sobering input for next years budget planning.
Our friends at IODP (https://www.iodp.org/) have been hosting annual Townhalls at AGU General Assemblies for over tens years. The report that for this years Townhall (150 attendees, hotel room rental, refreshments/nibbles) they spent 15.000 EUR. That is 250% of the 2018 budget for the Open GeoScience Committee. I have contacted the ESSI Division of AGU regarding cheaper alternatives and will report on this ASAP. IMHO, spending over 10.000 EUR for a rather short reach out event would be excessive and is not justifiable.

Best,
Peter

<peter.loewe at gmx.de>