[OpenLayers-Dev] Advanced GIS functionnalities

CHAPUIS Bertil Bertil.Chapuis at heig-vd.ch
Wed Dec 6 14:33:36 EST 2006

Hello,

We (at Camptocamp SA) are very impressed about the interactivity of OpenLayers.

We are seriously thinking of using the OL API with advanced GIS server functionalities. Our experience with CartoWeb development could bring a lot to the OL community.

Advanced GIS functionnalities may include:

- Customizable layer (one image with several sub layers)
- Routing
- And more...

Are there already investigations to standardize the communication between the client and the server (XML, JSON, WFS, WPS, ...) ? Javascript often needs proxy severs to use Web services. So we think now would be a good time to discuss how to efficiently use the server.

Regards,

The Camptocamp team