[OpenLayers-Dev] Some questions about WFS-T

Andrea Aime aaime at openplans.org
Mon Apr 2 14:11:07 EDT 2007

Hi,
today I was trying Openlayers trunk, WFS-T and Geoserver; well, guess
what, I have some questions :-)
* there is no example I can see that allows to edit the attributes of
   a geometry, or edit an existing geometry. The WFS-T one seems to be
   dealing with just adding geometry. Missing functionality, or missing
   example?
* in the wfs-t example, once I select a tool, I cannot deactivate it
   anymore. I can commit transactions all right, but the editing tool
   remains active.
Oh, that was with firefox. If I use IE7 instead, I cannot even commit
the transaction, getting an error instead, whose rough translation to
english is "line 50, column 9, property or method not supported by the
object, code 0, URL: http://localhost:8080/geoserver/ol/gs-test/wfs-t.html".
Oh the wfs-t.html example is just the standard wfs-t page that's using
locahost:8080/geoserver instead of the online one.

Another thing I noticed, this time in the wfs-states.html sample, is
that while the states layer is loading, firefox is frozen, and
performing a CPU intensive task (I guess it's GML parsing).
The same goes with IE7, with the aggravation that IE suggests killing
the script that's blocking it (with a popup).

Cheers
Andrea