[OpenLayers-Dev] MouseToolbar on IE and Firefox

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Apr 26 07:05:57 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 10:32:17AM +0200, Antonio Volpicelli wrote:
> Hi,
> Yes I am starting to use NavToolbar but can I render the controls on an
> outside div ( not in the map div) ?
> I am looking to the OpenLayers.Panel , but it seems not ready to be used
> and has some problem with IE7.
> If I run the panel.html page in the examples directory , it works fine
> with firefox but doesn't display nothing with IE.

This is not a bug in the panel code, but in the panel.html example. This
is now fixed in trunk and on
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/panel.html .

To put a panel in another div:

var panel = new OpenLayers.Control.Panel({'div':OpenLayers.Util.getElement("panel")})

You will want to assign a CSS class on the 'panel' element: